1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members Who Do Not Participate In Club Events

Discussion in 'General' started by Nancy campbell, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Muha

Muha New in town!

Sorry, with my current job I don't have that much time

2. Aniela

Aniela New in town!

Hi.

My name is Aniela ..
    We have a new Club Players from Singapore, Mexico and Ecuador.
    We are recruiting players for the next Event.
    We are very active and we are looking for players to win the cup.

They will not regret it.
    Look for the Club.
    CHEFS AROUND WORLD.
    And unite.
    We are waiting for you

3. Charlotte's Cuisine

Charlotte's Cuisine New in town!

I have mixed feelings about deleting people who do or do not play in events. I am not the owner of our club. I am one of the managers. Each of our team members is told how many points we would like them to achieve daily during the event along with when we as a team will start the event. We discuss this before the events start a couple of days so members have a chance to let us know if they have things that would interfere. During "The Great Outdoors Event" we had a couple members who got sick, a couple was on vacation and a couple of members are in their finals with school. It allows the rest of us to help pick up the slack by keeping good communication between each other. Our club is like our family. We understand that life happens. Sure we want to be top 100 (placed #23 even without a full team), but you have to understand that things are going to come up. Before I would kick anyone I would reach out and talk to them positively. Maybe there is something that is going on in their life that they did not think would keep them from helping the team during the event!!!

Sn-Sgu likes this.
  4. Sn-Sgu

Sn-Sgu New in town!

I have a life and sometimes I can't or won't glue myself to my phone for a game (esp in summer- my grandson had a bit more priority:) I love trophies but seriously some people take it way too seriously.
    Second to Last club spesicfied they would NOT remove members for inactive play (in my case for 2weeks) but owner did it anyway- after INVITING me to club. Big issue I'm dealing with is that clubs are either inactive/don't care about trophy AT ALL/ no communication/ little helping each othet or they are obsessed with requirements and require participation for every event!
    There is no middle, or apparently I can find one.
    I'm flat out perplexed at how to find a happy medium (lol yes I tried to have my own- didn't go anywhere...)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  5. nstarz

nstarz Villager

My club has a happy medium, in-actives are removed. Many communicate in chats, and we strive and get gold the last few times.

We are not Top 100, and don't plan to be there. We do want gold every time we play though.

We are full at the moment (Sapphire), but you are welcome to try us when we have a spot. (I post in the Food Club recruitment)

Also I learn that the owner needs to be really involve. We initially got gold/silver, etc. Then I let the club try to run itself, and members got unhappy with some not doing enough, then our ranks drop (4th place, etc). Which leads to more unhappiness, and more members dropping out.

6. Experimental

Experimental New in town!

I joined a club to take part in the events and no-one including the owner did anything. I single handedly got the club to bronze. Then I quit.
    I'm happy to say I was then welcomed into a kick ass club with lots of very active members and an on going string of gold wins. It has hugely contributed to my enjoyment of the game.
    Club members should definitely participate. If they don't want to, don't join a club. Simple.

Food Queen likes this.
  7. Nerae

Nerae New in town!

Glad to find this forum.. I have been in a group for the past 3 events.. went to chk on the game this am n someone had removed half of the members so the owner bowed out n left us 2 managers! I had no idea someone could just go in n do that..

8. Sn-Sgu

Sn-Sgu New in town!

The last group I was in I too was the top participatant and quit after event.

9. Sn-Sgu

Sn-Sgu New in town!

I participate most every event, but not all and when I do I kick butt. Even then clubs only see the part that wasn't contributing. It's awful.

10. Nerae

Nerae New in town!

I'm in such a group now just joined prior to this event n only 3 of us r participating out of 14! Very annoying. Had I known they don't play I would have tried to find a new group.. now stuck!

11. nstarz

nstarz Villager

My club, Sapphire,. is currently 2nd place and someone left. So I have one spot available for someone here (someone looking for an active club) before I post in the Recruitment.

12. Nerae

Nerae New in town!

I'm interested in joining but I'd have to restart the event from the beginning correct?

13. Nerae

Nerae New in town!

14. Nerae

Nerae New in town!

I'm Lost River Cafe... don't have much help in this group!

15. nstarz

nstarz Villager

I think so Narae.

We are battling and got 1st again.

If you are interested, do you want to join after the event?

[​IMG]

16. Nerae

Nerae New in town!

Absolutely nstarz.. will see u later today.. n congrats on 1st place!

17. nstarz

nstarz Villager

What is your username and level?

18. John Eid

John Eid New in town!

What a good topic Nancy Campbell. You got many valued points both from owners and members.

In my experience it takes long time to find a perfect fit of 20 ppl worldwide, a nice introduction telling what's expected is a good start and if a new member, that in my mind, should prove themself to stay, don't live up to asked standards is a bye bye in my book.

Also nice many "not happy" players might found a new clue/club from this thread

Last but not least GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL FOOD STREET PLAYERSâ˜ș

Best regards " the felts"- foodies winners club

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017